The OTT Business Case: How To Grow Your Business And Organization By Utilizing Mobile, Web & TV Apps the Right Way
Here are some of the many successful OTT use-cases we have seen among our customers:
App Type: Public TV Apps with optional access control or email capture/registration feature
- Use Case "Customer Support": to keep customers happy, educated and engaged: Libraries of Video FAQs, Video Tutorials, Video Handbooks
- Use Case "Marketing & Sales Support": To promote more sales of your products and services: Libraries of Product Reviews, Customer Testimonials, Product Demos
App Type: Access-Controlled or Non-Public TV Apps
- Use Case "Internal Training & HR": to automate and simplify training and engagement of new hires and existing employees or affiliates: Video Employee Tutorials, Training Video Libraries & Courses, Onboarding Videos, Internal Management Communication
- Use Case "Education": Distance Learning Programs, Classroom Video Libraries, Project Video Libraries
Apps with Direct Viewer Monetization
- Subscription Sales: offer access to all, or selections of, your on-demand libraries and/or live-streams
- Flexscriptions: offer access to selections of your contents in exchange to a flexible (donation-like) amount your viewers can choose (while you can set a minimum amount).
- PPV Ticket Sales: for live-stream events
- Sponsors: pre/mid/post-roll the ads of your sponsors around all, or selections of, your contents
- Ad Networks: integrate ad-feeds from ad networks to pre/mid/post-roll their ads across all, or selections of, your contents
What OTT is Not:
A competition to social media. In fact, OTT is actually complementary to social media. They both have to work hand in hand. In reality, you need both: social media visibility and your custom-branded mobile apps, web apps and TV apps, tightly linked with your website(s).
Your OTT presence, your custom-branded mobile apps, web apps and TV apps across all major devices, screens and app-stores, are your “business tools”, not your “marketing tools”. They are multi-media extensions of your websites and while social media can be compared to the nets you need to capture large schools of fish, your mobile apps, web apps and TV apps are the boat into which you want to pull the fish. One doesn’t work without the other: without nets you won’t catch anything and without a boat you won’t keep anything.
Please let us know if you would like to explore any of the above mentioned services and features by scheduling a callback at schedule.lightcast.com. We would love to help you find the right tools for your apps to grow your online viewership and maximize your ROI!